RIoT Secure officially announes the RIoT Fusion Arduino Shield!
RIoT Fusion is a hardware abstraction module specifically designed to simplify how developers using micro-controllers connect their IoT devices to the Internet - allowing them to focus on connecting sensors and actuators, the fun part of building IoT devices.
It is now packaged as a simple, easy to use Arduino Shield for traditional avr based Arduino micro-controllers utilizing the Arduino MKR family of devices for providing secure communication and over-the-air (OTA) firmware management.
The RIoT Fusion Arduino Shield is specifically targeted towards hobbyists and educational programs that wish to simplify their IoT device development and not have to be concerned about secure communications and more importantly; have the ability to deploy firmware to their devices over-the-air once it has been deployed.
- microSD slot
- Winbond W25Q16 SPI flash
- Texas Instruments TXB0104 bi-directional voltage level converter
- Nexperia 2N7002 MOSFET to drive reset circuitry of micro-controller
- 4 LEDs for status indication (yellow, blue, red and green)
- Arduino MKR slot (communication and lifecycle management)
- Arduino UNO shield form factor with ICSP pins
The following Arduino MKR boards are supported for communication:
- Arduino MKR1000 (802.11 WiFi),
- Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 (802.11 WiFi),
- Arduino MKR GSM 1400 (3G/LTE SIM module) and
- Arduino MKR NB 1500 (NB-IoT SIM module).
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
We are currently in discussions with suppliers for distribution of the product.
However we have budgeted to reach out to the Arduino community and bring on board real world developers to participate in a free-trial of our hardware and cloud services as we finalize and launch them during the upcoming months.
If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer; please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe what you could use our product for!